It explains how we use personal data relating to you that we may collect when you use the Traffic Scotland public websites: trafficscotland.org and my.trafficscotland.org or Traffic Scotland data services.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you when you register with Traffic Scotland web site services.
The personal information we collect is:
- your name and email address; and,
- any other personal data relating to you that you provide to us or that we generate about you in connection with your use of the Traffic Scotland websites trafficscotland.org and my.trafficscotland.org.
- for data subscribers we also collect your address, phone number and organisation.
How we will use the information we collect
We will use personal information relating to you for the purposes of:
- confirming your account registration on the Traffic Scotland web sites or data services;
- allowing you to login to the Traffic Scotland web sites to access previously stored configuration settings;
- allowing you to login to the Traffic Scotland data services to access those services;
- generating and analysing statistics regarding usage of the websites, including the frequency of use of individual pages (where possible, personal data will be anonymised before being used for this purpose);
- performing our functions as a public authority and complying with our legal obligations.
Our IT system has effective security procedures in place to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data. We have policies and procedures in place to oversee the secure processing of personal data.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties other than when required or permitted by law, such as law enforcement authorities for the purposes of the prevention, investigation or detection of crime.
You have the following rights in regard to the information we hold about you:
- the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data; and,
- the right to require us to transmit that data to another controller.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact us at:
- by email: email@example.com
- or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Transport Scotland, Buchanan House, 58 Port Dundas Road, Glasgow G4 0HF
Last Updated: 16/05/2018